The goal: Reducing or stopping the degradation process of permanent grasslands, restoring abandoned grasslands to the productive circuit, utilization of the multifunctionality of these areas, maintaining or increasing the production and quality of feed through reduced inputs, through a rational way of managing these areas, in the conditions of biodiversity and landscapes conservation.
Within these technologies, a higher volume of research had as objectives the improvement of permanent grasslands, the ecological reconstruction of grasslands with degraded grass carpet, the re-grassing of the anthropically degraded lands, the biological consolidation and the landscaping restoration of surfaces involved in land improvement works by surface solutions (combating weeds and woody vegetation, rational use of fertilizers and amendments, elimination of excess moisture, over sown of degraded meadows, etc.) or by total renovation (mixtures of perennial grasses and forage legumes for establishing reseeded grasslands located in various stationary area conditions and method of use: pasture, meadow or mixed use; establishment of germination bed preparation works; fertilization and liming system; rate and sowing time; maintenance works; other agrophytotechnical factors).
Following the carried out researches were elaborated:
- technological solutions and technical equipment for improving the permanent degraded grasslands by surface measures with minimum inputs;
- technological solutions and technical means to improve the permanent degraded grasslands by total renovation;
- agro-pastoral systems in the mountain area in the context of the new climate changes and the emergence of extreme phenomena;
- technological solutions for the re-grassing of the anthropically degraded lands;
- the technology for improving the degraded pastures in the mountain area using paddocking method;
- guide for making the pastoral plannings